Desert Hot Springs Women’s Club: Our mission is to continue enriching Desert Hot Springs through Community Improvement, advancement in General Culture, Friendship, Social Welfare and Scholarships to Graduating Seniors of DHSHS.
The Desert Hot Springs Women’s Club has three annual fundraisers which allow us to support our charitable activities of SCHOLARSHIPS, SCHOOLS, YOUTH CLUBS and other worthy NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS.
- Black & White Dinner – December 10th, 2018 at Miracle Springs
- Fashion Show – March 3rd, 2019 at Miracle Springs
- Spring Barbecue – April 7, 2019 (Location TBA)
As the oldest non-profit established organization in Desert Hot Springs, we invite you to join us in fulfilling our mission.
One year later the Desert Hot Springs Women’s Club boasted a membership of over 100 women.
In 2008 The Desert Hot Springs’ Women’s Club was the recipient of the Palm Springs Unified School District’s “Shiny Apple Award” three times (1998, 2008, 2016), was recognized by the Desert Hot Springs Chamber of Commerce as “Nonprofit Organization of the year of 2012”, and received Desert Hot Springs Rotary’s “Big Heart Award” for “2016 Nonprofit of the Year”.
As the community’s oldest established non-religious and non-political charitable organization, the Desert Hot Springs Women’s Club represents the Pillar of Charity and Volunteerism and exemplifies the importance of all charitable organizations that provide these essential services to the community.
The Women’s Club of Desert Hot Springs gives monetary gifts to all of our local schools and all Desert Hot Springs Youth Clubs, including:
- Julius Corsini Elementary School
- Bella Vista Elementary School
- Two Bunch Palms Elementary School
- Cabot Yerxa Elementary School
- Bubbling Wells Elementary School
- Painted Hills Middle School
- Desert Springs Middle School
- Edward Wenzloff Education Center (This is an additional school)
- Desert Hot Springs High School
- And many other Community Organizations and Youth Activities and Scholarships.
Scholarship committee consists of six members, information obtained from Desert Hot Springs High School