In March of 1953, nine women banded together to forma  club with the following mission:  The objectives of this club were community improvement and the advancement in the general culture, friendship and social affairs.

One year later the Desert Hot Springs Women’s Club boasted a membership of over 100 women.

In 2008 The Desert Hot Springs’ Women’s Club was the recipient of the Palm Springs Unified School District’s “Shinny Apple Award” and was recognized by the Desert Hot Springs Chamber of Commerce as “Nonprofit Organization of the year of 2012”.

As the community’s oldest established non-religious and non-political charitable organization, the Desert Hot Springs Women’s Club represents the Pillar of Charity and Volunteerism, and exemplifies the important of all charitiable organizations that provide these essential services to the community.