In March of 1953, nine women banded together to form a club with the following mission
As the community’s oldest established, non-national, non-profit, non-religious, non-political charitable organization; the Desert Hot Springs Women’s Club represents the Pillar of Charity and Volunteerism and exemplifies the importance of all charitable organizations that provide these essential services to the community.
After just their first year, the Desert Hot Springs Women’s Club boasted a membership of over 100 women!
The Desert Hot Springs Women’s Club was the recipient of the Palm Springs Unified School District’s “Shiny Apple Award” in 1998, 2008, & 2016 for our commitment to education through scholarship awards.
We were recognized by the Desert Hot Springs Chamber of Commerce as “Nonprofit Organization Of The Year” for 2012 & received the Rotary Club’s “Big Heart’s Award for Nonprofit Organization Of The Year” for 2016.